Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wait, was that... I think... maybe... no it's not fall yet

I was very excited this morning when I walked out the door. It was the closest thing I've felt to a brisk fall morning. Now, let me be clear. There was nothing brisk about it and I didn't have the slightest chill, but it lacked the oppressive, steamy heaviness that I've become accustomed to. It was still 85 degrees or so today,which is an improvement, and this morning gives me hope that it will become pleasant soon. The other pleasantry from this morning was the drive. I went to Mass this morning before work and took Washington Ave - my favorite street - to the church. The reason Washington is my favorite is because it has a higher concentration of the Live Oak trees than any other street in Savannah. They line both sides of the street as well as the boulevard running down the center to form a canopy over both sides of the road with Spanish moss hanging down. The morning sun shines through the little gaps and illuminates the light mist that is still hanging around. It's wonderful. I've decided that if I ever buy a house in Savannah it will be on Washington Ave. It doesn't hurt that most of the houses are huge and gorgeous. I picked out my favorite already. If you come visit I'll show you!

We had company over for dinner tonight and I cooked! (You'd be proud Grammie!) I made spicy tomato clam linguine. It was really good! Sautéed onions and garlic, added the clams, some marinara sauce, roasted red pepper and served with linguine. We've been eating very well, but also very cheaply. We buy things that are on sale and avoid name brands when it doesn't matter and we save a ton of money.

Work has been going well. I helped one of my people with his own blog today. It was very rewarding to see his happiness from being able to share his ideas and feelings with the world. He is a very expressive person, but unfortunately he is limited in the ways he can express himself. He suffered a traumatic brain injury, has right side paralysis, speech aphasia, was formerly homeless, and a former drug addict. He can only say a handful of words but his personality speaks volumes. He is incredibly patient with me while trying to get his point across and usually, I finally get it. I help him send emails as well as post on his blog, and in every message, he always leaves some sort of scripture or quote to whomever he is addressing. I'm going to follow his lead and leave you with one of my favorite scriptures. 

"Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment